Thank you for creating a Firstgiving fundraising page for the21st Annual Support-A-Walk on October 4, 2015!We really appreciate your efforts on behalf of Support Connection. The money raised from the Walk is needed to fund our free, year-round services.
Please take a minute to read these IMPORTANT HOW-TO'S about FIRSTGIVING AND OUR WALK:
CAN'T FIND YOUR FUNDRAISING PAGE? Click here and search for your name. Once you find it, write down the URL and bookmark it on your computer for easy reference.
DID YOU DONATE? We rely on your donations! We do not charge a fee to participate, but we ask all participants to donate what they can. You can donate to YOUR OWN fundraising page - it's a great way to get your page started.
ASK OTHERS TO DONATE: Creating a page is just the first step. Now you need to ask people to donate to it! It's easy! There are many ways to reach out:
- Use your personal email account: Write an email asking everyone you know to donate. Include a direct link to your page: Go to YOUR personal fundraising page. At the top of the page, COPY the URL/page address. (It includes firstgiving.com/ fundraiser....) Paste this URL into your email. Your recipients can click on it to see your page.
- Email your page from Firstgiving: Sign in to your account at Firstgiving.com and select "Edit." Then select "Send your page via email" and follow the simple steps.
- Ask your Facebook and Twitter friends to donate: Sign in to your account at Firstgiving.comand select "Edit." You'll see ways to share via Facebook and Twitter.
- For a sample email, click here.
THE IMPORTANCE OF TEAMS: Team have ALWAYS played a crucial role in the success of the Support-A-Walk. Please increase your fundraising potential - ask others to JOIN YOUR TEAM and raise funds with you:
- Each Team Member can create a fundraising page: It's easy! Just follow the steps in ourTeam Info Guide.
- Team Members near and far: Everyone can help, no matter where they are. Even if someone can't attend, they can seek donations for your Team with their own fundraising page.
- Team Members can collect donations by cash or check: For a Collection Form, click here.
- Teams can raise funds by holding fun events: Tag sales, parties, car washes - the possibilities are ENDLESS!
- Did you have a Team last year? Teams start over on Firstgiving each year. If your Team Name isn't on your 2015 page, click here for simple instructions.
- Team Spirit Awards: To see how your Team can win an award, click here!
- Questions? Call us 914-962-6402 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
BE A RAY OF HOPE CHAMPION: Meet special fundraising goals before the Walk and earn Ray of Hope status! To learn how, click here.
OFFLINE DONATIONS: Cash or checks: Send or bring them, with our Collection Form, to: Support Connection, 40 Triangle Center, Suite 100, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598. You can add these "offline" donations to your page. If we receive donations in our office, we may add them to your page for you.
MATCHING GIFTS: Many companies will match your donation. This increases your total contribution to our Walk. Support Connection, Inc. is a 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit organization.
TEE SHIRTS: If you've earned a Walk Tee-Shirt ($50 donation, $25 for each additional shirt) you need to pick it up at our office BEFORE the Walk.
FUNDRAISING TIPS: Visit our blog You Can Do It for more help and for tips on making the most of your fundraising page!