Thank you again for deciding to raise funds online for the 21st
Annual Support-A-Walk on October 4, 2015! Your participation enables us to help women with breast and ovarian cancer and their families through our unique model of free, confidential programs that are created and provided by fellow survivors.
It's never too early to start fundraising! Your donations are put to work as soon as we receive them to sustain our programs all year round.
To support your efforts, here are some tips about spreading the word:
SEND EMAILS THROUGH YOUR USUAL EMAIL ACCOUNT: Email everyone in your address book:
- Write a note about your reasons for fundraising. Don't know what to say? Click here for some ideas.
- "Copy & paste" the URL or page address of your Firstgiving page into your email. The URL is at the top of YOUR page, and looks like this: http: //www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser.... The people who receive your email will click the link, see your page, and donate.
SEND EMAILS THROUGH FIRSTGIVING: Firstgiving has great email tools. There are 2 options:
- Sign in to your account at Firstgiving.com and click "Edit." Then select "send your page via email." Follow the steps to add or select email addresses and send your messages!
- OR: While viewing YOUR fundraising page, click the Email icon at the top, then simply create your email. If you use Gmail, Yahoo, AOL or Hotmail, you'll find easy shortcuts.
SHARE ON SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES: There are 2 ways to share on Facebook and Twitter:
- Sign in to your account at Firstgiving.com and select "Edit." You'll find easy-to-use options here for Facebook and Twitter.
- OR: While viewing YOUR fundraising page, click the icons at the top for LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
YOUR EMAIL SIGNATURE: Add your fundraising page address under your name in your email signature along with a message (for example: e.g. "I'm raising funds for breast and ovarian cancer support - please donate!") Your message is now in every email you send. One fundraiser exceeded her goal with this simple step!