Hello again to all of our Firstgiving fundraisers. It's hard to believe, but summer is almost over. Our 21st Annual Support-A-Walk on Sunday, Oct. 4, 2015 will be here before you know it! We now have 41 Firstgiving fundraisers. Of those, 18 fundraisers have reached out for donations and have raised more than $14,000 altogether.
Remember: The funds you raise help women with breast and ovarian cancer and their families receive support from our Peer Counselors all year long. Support Connection relies on these donations - they enable us to do what we do!
Asking for donations in the summer can be challenging. You may find your friends and family are away on vacation enjoying a break from work and school.
Here are 3 activities you can do now to take advantage of the summertime lull:
PERSONALIZE YOUR FUNDRAISING PAGE: You can:
- Add a picture.
- Write a personal message explaining why you're raising money for Support Connection. (For a great example, click here to see Maria's fundraising page.)
DRAFT A REMINDER EMAIL: Reminders are important! We all put things off and need a "nudge" now and then. So:
- Draft an email now, reminding friends and family about your fundraising.
- Send it right after Labor Day when everyone is back and ready to move into action.
ADJUST YOUR FUNDRAISING GOAL: Are you close to your original goal, or have you already surpassed it? Awesome! That means people are eager to support you. So:
- Consider changing your goal and revising your message to let people know how happy you are to receive such great response.
- Reach out to your supporters and encourage them to join your efforts by sharing your page with others they know.