Hello Firstgiving fundraisers! This is the FINAL week before our 21st Annual Support-A-Walk for Breast and Ovarian Cancer on October 4th. Now, more than ever, we need you to make the most of your online fundraising page!
IMPORTANT NOTE: Your page will accept donations even after the Walk! So DON'T STOP until you reach your fundraising goal!
Here's what your fundraising enables us to offer:
- Personalized support and information from our professional Peer Counselors who are cancer survivors.
- Monthly support groups where women share and help one another.
- Wellness programs (like yoga, meditation) to enhance healing and well-being.
- Educational forums with experts offering up-to-the-minute info on cancer treatment and health.
- We also help family members and friends, and educate the public.
- There is no other organization in the Hudson Valley offering this array of services. Plus, we help people nationwide via our toll-free number. AND we do NOT receive funds from any national cancer organizations. So, we NEED your support!
LAST MINUTE FUNDRAISING TIPS:
DID YOU DONATE? You can donate to YOUR OWN fundraising page! For other ways to donate, click here.
NOT SURE HOW TO FIND YOUR FUNDRAISING PAGE? Click here and search for your name.
SEND EMAILS THROUGH YOUR USUAL EMAIL ACCOUNT: Email everyone in your address book:
- Write a note about your reasons for fundraising. Don't know what to say? Click here for some ideas.
- "Copy and paste" the URL (page address) of your Firstgiving page into your email. The URL is at the top of YOUR page, and looks like this: http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser.... The people who receive your email will click the link, see your page, and donate.
SEND EMAILS THROUGH FIRSTGIVING: Firstgiving has great email tools. There are 2 options:
- SIGN IN to your account at Firstgiving.com and click "Edit." Then select "send your page via email." Follow the steps to add or select email addresses and send your messages!
- OR: While viewing YOUR fundraising page, click the Email icon at the top, then simply create your email. If you use Gmail, Yahoo, AOL or Hotmail, you'll find easy shortcuts.
ASK FOR DONATIONS ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKED IN: There are 2 ways to share on Facebook and Twitter:
- SIGN IN to your account at Firstgiving.com and select "Edit." You'll find easy-to-use options here for Facebook and Twitter.
- OR: While viewing YOUR fundraising page, click the icons at the top for LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
CASH AND/OR CHECKS: Send or bring them to our office: Support Connection, 40 Triangle Center, Suite 100, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598. Use our Collection Form to keep track. You can list them as OFFLINE donations on your page; if we receive donations in our office that are not yet listed, we'll add them for you.
TEAM SPIRIT AWARDS: It's now or never to win a Team Spirit Award! Click here for details.
TO ENTER OUR "MOST CREATIVE TEAM SIGN OR BANNER" CONTEST: Bring your banner or sign to the Team Photo tent for judging. We just need to see the sign or banner! Winner to be announced that day, when the Walk is over.